Many people travel to Chiawa Camp for special occasions, and this is certainly a wise choice as Chiawa Camp has become world renowned at making special memories for its guests. Perhaps it is an anniversary, a birthday, a proposal, a honeymoon or even a Safari wedding. Whatever the occasion, you can be assured of personalised attention, and the memories of a lifetime.
Chiawa Camp can provide intimate weddings and honeymoons in the bush, and we ask that you contact us if you are looking for the ultimate special day.
The following are just some of the wedding services we can provide for you – and for honeymooners we like to surprise you with something special each day!
- Minister and all legalities organised in Zambia prior to wedding couple’s arrival.
- Ceremony – either floating on a pontoon boat on the Zambezi River, on an island in the middle of the river, at Chiawa Camp overlooking the river or by a lagoon in the middle of the bush.
- Our special Zambian Chiawa Choir will sing for you at the wedding ceremony/ Traditional African wedding songs.
- Bouquet made for Bride and Bridesmaids from roses in a colour of your choice/ subject to availability.
- Bush wedding cake or profiterole wedding tower.
- Each wedding is individual and tailor made to your requirements.
- Drinks reception (Champagne and Pimms) on our observation deck after wedding ceremony.
- Four course wedding lunch or dinner.
- Flower arrangements for wedding ceremony and around Chiawa Camp.
- Upgrade to Superior tent for Bride and Groom.
- A special Zambian safari wedding with accommodation and activities arranged for all guests – so the Bride and Groom can relax!
- Special honeymoon dinner on deck of honeymoon suite on the night after the wedding.
- A guide from Chiawa Camp can take your wedding photographs or video. (using your equipment)
- Up to 16 guests can stay at Chiawa Camp, however we can arrange nearby accommodation in surrounding camps for bigger wedding parties.
Chiawa was five stars in every way.
This was our third visit to Chiawa, and there is a reason we keep coming back. It just gets better and better. Thank you once again for an unforgettable time.
I am always amazed at how wonderful the Chiawa experience can be. This was my eleventh trip to Africa and if and when I go again Chiawa will be on the itinerary.
Service, food, accommodation and attention to detail is excellent - based on its remote location it is downright amazing! Very high staffing and equipment levels enable their hallmark range of opportunities on land and, particularly, on water. They are supremely flexible and if what you want is possible, they will make it happen.
Nothing is too much trouble from all the staff. The food is delicious and imaginative, and the service is excellent.